Heather is an engaging and informative speaker. Both confident and approachable, Heather raises thought-provoking questions in the minds of her audience and encourages active discussion of the critical issues of our time. She received the Order of Canada in 2013 for “contributions to public discourse.” She is also a two-time winner of the Ottawa Book Award.
For more than 15 years, Heather has been in demand as a keynote speaker by the public, educational institutions, government organizations, and professional associations. She has delivered speeches to audiences of the International Association for the Study of the Commons, St. Thomas University, Dalhousie University and the Financial Management Institute of Canada, among many others.
To book Heather as a speaker, please e-mail email@example.com. Speaking fees are based on the length of the presentation, subject matter, and whether it is a for-profit or not-for-profit organization. Travel and other expenses are extra.
Selected Conference Keynote Speeches
Heather Menzies has experience addressing national organizations and conferences, with audiences of between 500-1000+ people.
- XV Global Conference of the International Association for the Study of the Commons, Edmonton
- Association of Canadian Community Colleges, Winnipeg
- Alzheimer Society of Ottawa and Renfrew County
- British Columbia Nurses’ Union Annual General Meeting
- Joint Prairie Library Conference, Regina
- Financial Management Institute of Canada, Ottawa
- Canadian Library Association, Ottawa
- Conference on Canadian Social Welfare Policy, Regina
- Canadian Association of University Continuing Education
- Canadian Council on Social Development, Ottawa
- Canadian Association of Distance Education
- Government on the Net
- Canada Tomorrow Conference
- Atlantic Library Association annual meeting
- Ontario Library Association annual meeting
Panelist at conferences organized by the following:
- Society of Graduates in Health Administration (Toronto)
- Ontario Council for International Cooperation (Toronto)
- Centre for Information Technology Innovation, Industry Canada (Laval)
Endowed Public Lectures:
- 2002 Sabat Lecture, Fredericton
- 1997 Lutheran Lectures, Waterloo